Restrictions are easing, you can drink your coffee in a ceramic mug again and Canberrans can now head to the coast and the mountains. We’ve probably not heard the last of Covid, but after a period of lockdown, let’s make the most of getting outside again for a little while.
Yes you’re probably hanging out for a trip to the coast. But let’s not forget that there’s a whole heap of adventure to be had right on our doorstep.
Here’s the top 5 adventures in Canberra that you can enjoy again, while still maintaining social distancing and following government guidelines, of course.
1. Go for a hike in Tidbinbilla - with short and long options, there’s a trail for everyone at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.
2. Walk or ride through Mulligans Flat - grab a wildlife map as you enter the park and find out what’s so special at Mulligans Flat.
3. Snowplay at Corin Forest - snow play is back open at Canberra’s closest ski field, bookings essential.
4. Go camping in Canberra - Namadgi is still closed but there’s four campsites to choose from for a quick camp close to home.
5. Check out the new trails at The National Arboretum - perfect for a walk or a ride, followed by a coffee at the visitors centre.